TBI ISTE IEE
New Proposals invited for MSME funding Click here for details
Technology Business Incubator at GEC, Thrissur is planned to provide a springboard to budding entrepreneurs who wish to launch themselves into the world of technology based business careers. In the Technology Business Incubator (TBI) bright ideas can be developed to a product or service using advanced technology solutions. This innovation centre is designed to provide all the support to make business ventures successful. This document outlines the details of support services available at TBI.
TBI Manager: Prof. Ajay James, Assistant Professor in CSE.
COSC International (patented work) started functioning in the college from October 2015 onwards. Two companies were registered under Startup Village, Kochi. The first company, ‘WALLAT’, which makes use of mobile app for money transaction rather than the conventional ATM card. Through this, money transaction can be done with an ATM machine using a smart phone. The second company is Shootup Technologies made an app ‘Treatit’, which makes use of web application to order a treat to a friend or relative. The beneficiary can avail the treat in a predefined duration.
There are currently 5 companies functioning inside the campus, out of which 2 companies have filed for patent. The companies currently functioning are
The TBI has also received a grant of Rs. 66,50,000/- (sixty six lakhs and fifty thousand) from Minsitry of Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSME) , Government of India. This fund can be used to support incubated companies. On an average, each company can be given 4-8 lakhs. This fund should form 85% of the investment of the incubated company and the rest 15% should be put by the company. This will help them in the development stage. This fund need not be returned and can be used by them completly.
Application inviting proposals to incubate in TBI
Technology Business Incubator of Government Engineering College has decided to incubate startup ideas with innovative content. Students and entrepreneurs who have a solid idea or product can apply for incubation.
As part of the procedure, candidates are requested to submit an application form and a business proposal to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. The candidates will be called for a presentation in the college. Duration for presentation will be 10 minutes. The template for application form and business proposal can be downloaded here.
For more details contact:
TBI Manager- Prof. Ajay James,
Department of CSE,
Government Engineering College, Thrissur
Email : email@example.com